Thursday, July 5, 2007

Confessions of a Zen Lunatic


Confessions of a Zen Lunatic

       This blog is not so much about the practice of Zen Buddhism, but instead it is about the simplicity and beauty of everyday things, that one may encounter anywhere. For me, the sitting posture of traditional Zen, has been replaced by my daily walks around the place where I live, and for enlightenment I have chosen to focus on the small things, that I see all around me. Again I have departed from the normal practice of Zen Buddhism, for I am using a rather simple digital camera to record and transform the imagery.
       On a primary level, my artistic efforts are more about color-space-compositions, than they are concerned with any sort of religious experience. However, I would hope that as one digs deeper into the pictures, that they might see some sort of common thread between the two practices. Even if you don't see any connection, there still remains here an interesting collection of photographic images from the vicinity of Portland, Maine, where I now reside.


No comments: